WW - 'Wellness that Works' (formerly Weight Watchers)
You, your spouse, and your adult dependents get special pricing on WW (formerly “Weight Watchers”). This program helps you lose weight, eat better, and move more with science-based programs, tools, and experiences that work to fit your life while offering accountability to your goals. Purchase a monthly pass to attend any On-Grounds meetings or “Workshops in the Workplace.” Alternatively, you can enroll in “WW Digital” to use the program’s interactive and innovative new tools and resources. Use Employer ID: 60757 and Employer Passcode: WW60757.
Discounted Monthly Price
- $38.22 for in person meetings + Digital (only $19.11 with reimbursement)
- $16.96 for OnlinePlus (only $8.48 with reimbursement)
- Hoo’s Well WW Reward - you can become eligible for a 50% monthly reimbursement on these prices (see below)
- Programs schedule and guide - for meeting times and locations. If the UVA On-Grounds meetings do not fit your schedule, you can attend in-person meetings at the Charlottesville Weight Watchers, located at 1820 Rio Hill Shopping Center.
- On-Grounds meetings require a minimum of 15 participants to keep location and time and are subject to change.
WW Reimbursement Reward
You and your spouse covered by the UVA Health Plan can each be reimbursed for 50% of the cost of the WW service fees, directly into your paycheck (taxable). To earn this reward, you must
- complete three consecutive months of in-person meetings or Digital
- submit a WW Reward Request Form and documentation to Hoo’s Well
- for documentation, go to WW online and navigate to Account Settings > Account Status > Print Billing History. You can then print/scan or print screen.
Who’s eligible for a reward?
To be eligible, you must
- be an employee or spouse currently enrolled in the UVA Health Plan
- be employed and earning paycheck when reward is paid
- attend 10 meetings in a 12-week period (unless using Digital)
Weight loss is not required to receive the reward.
Retirees, grant-funded post docs, and COBRA enrollees are not eligible to participate in the reward reimbursement, but may still use the UVA discount code for additional savings.
Does WW participation qualify for reimbursement under my Medical Flexible Savings Account?
WW may be a reimbursable expense for people who have been advised by their doctor that they are overweight or obese and need to lose weight. You need
- a doctor’s letter stating you are overweight or have an obesity-related disease (i.e. high blood pressure), and weight loss recommendation
- a record of your expenses (i.e. paid invoices or receipts)
If you receive reward payment, you may not be reimbursed for more than 50% under your FSA.
Can my WW fees be payroll deducted?
No, fees must be paid directly for the program. Contact WW to inquire about payment options, including credit card payment.
I have completed a three-month WW program and am planning to sign up for a second three months. Can I receive a reward for the second three months?
Yes, you may receive a reward for each WW cycle. You must complete participation requirements for each WW cycle (three months in length). Refer to the Reimbursement Request Form for additional guidelines.