Annual Enrollment 2019
Welcome to the University of Virginia’s 2019 Annual Enrollment, your time to review and select benefits for next year. Did you know UVA employees spend an average of $3,000 a year on health care? Choosing benefits is a significant investment in your physical and financial well-being, and UVA offers a variety of options, so you can customize your benefits to meet your unique needs. The benefits you choose in Annual Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2019.
Changes for 2019:
- Premiums increase for Value and Choice Health.
- Dependent children who turn 26 in 2019 will only be eligible for benefits through the end of their birth month.
- UVA is moving to a new HR platform in 2019, so it’s important to have a printed confirmation of your 2019 benefits elections.
- The UVA Health Plan’s HealthyRx program will discontinue reduced member drug cost sharing on December 31, 2018.
Watch the Annual Enrollment video for a high-level summary of 2019 changes and available benefits.
Below you will find information related to your benefits options for 2019. Please note that premiums for some benefits have changed. You can see specific benefits pages for additional details and to access 2019 premiums. Visit the Resources page to use Ask ALEX and find videos that can help you choose your benefits.
- Choice Health Schedule of Benefits
- Value Health Schedule of Benefits
- Basic Health Schedule of Benefits
- OptumRx manages prescription benefits for Choice, Value and Basic UVA Health Plan options.
- UVA Specialty Pharmacy is the sole specialty option.
- Premium Formulary Exclusion List
Ready to Enroll?
To enroll or to review your benefits elections, navigate to Workday>Benefits App, and view and change your benefits.