UVA Health Plan Ombuds
The UVA Health Plan Ombuds makes health plan information available and understandable for UVA employees. The UVA Health Plan Ombuds can:
- Answer questions about policies and benefits
- Listen to complaints and concerns
- Provide information regarding complaint and appeal procedures and advise on the appropriate course of action
- Investigate payment problems for submitted claims that employees have been unable to resolve themselves
- Refer issues to other University offices or committees, as appropriate
When sending email
s to the UVA Health Plan Ombuds:
- Do not include your Social Security number
- Include a telephone number
- Be aware that email is not secure; there is some risk it could be seen by a third party
All encounters with the UVA Health Plan Ombuds are kept confidential.
About UVA Health Plan
UVA Health Plan is self-funded. UVA pays claims to physicians, hospitals, and other providers directly from employee premiums and from UVA itself.
Aetna is the plan’s third-party medical claims administrator. Aetna determines medical necessity for services.
Participants should use Aetna network providers in order for claims to be processed as in-network.