UVA Dental Plan 2021
Our goal this year with benefits Open Enrollment is to make the benefits review process for you as easy as possible. Dental care is an important piece of your overall health. Below you will find information on the Basic and Enhanced dental options.
There are no changes to the UVA Dental plan premiums for the 2021 plan year for full-time employees.
Ensure you're aware of all dental plan option changes for this year. For the 2021 Plan year, these include:
- Part-time classification: Beginning January 1, 2021, benefits eligibility for health and dental premiums for UVA Health team members will be defined as part-time if working at least 20 but less than 30 hours per week, and full-time if working 30 hours per week or more.
- Team members currently working 30-36 hours will be eligible in 2021 for lower full-time rates for health and dental benefits
- Part-time premiums: Beginning January 1, 2021, premiums for part-time Academic and Medical Center employees will be the same.
- Most part-time employees will see a reduction in the part-time premiums
- Harmonizing part-time rates and eligibility removes some of the economic barriers in electing a part-time position, and levels the health and dental premiums for part-time employees throughout the University
Just like getting an annual physical, it is a good idea to also check your benefits annually. You can do this by navigating to Workday and checking to make sure the benefits you previously selected continue to meet the needs of you and/or your family.
If you would like to change your benefits, review the sections below or navigate to the Open Enrollment pages on the right sidebar for additional details. When you're ready, make your changes in Workday October 5 - 16 (see instructions below). Here are things to review and/or change during Open Enrollment:
- Modify medical, dental, vision benefits, if desired
- Add or drop dependents, if applicable
- Adding a spouse or dependent requires documentation confirming their relationship to you, to be submitted in order for your change request to be approved
- Adding a spouse requires spousal affidavit to be completed before finalizing your benefits elections
- Confirm social security numbers for dependents
- Elect/waive Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account - 2020 elections for FSAs and HSAs will NOT carryover to 2021. You must re-enroll in the FSA and HSA programs for 2021 during Open Enrollment.
- Confirm or change beneficiaries for life insurance
Dental Plan Options and Comparison
The University offers two UVA Dental Plan options: Basic and Enhanced Dental. Both of these dental plan options are administered by United Concordia. There is no cost change for either dental plan option for the 2021 plan year for full-time employees.
Review the premiums and deductibles for each option below and select the plan option that best meets your projected needs for 2021. See the Dental Plan Options Comparison Chart for more detailed information about covered services and costs.
|BASIC DENTAL||ENHANCED DENTAL|
|Premiums||Same as 2020 plan year; see below for rates by employee type||Same as 2020 plan year; see below for rates by employee type|
|Deductible||$50.00, applies to Type B and Type C Services (primary and major restorative services); dental services are listed on the Dental Plan Options Comparison Chart||$50.00, applies to Type B and Type C Services (primary and major restorative services); dental services are listed on the Dental Plan Options Comparison Chart|
|Annual Maximum Benefit||$1,000.00 per person||$2,000.00 per person|
|Complex Restorative Services||Plan pays 50% of eligible expenses for in-network||Plan pays 60% of eligible expenses for in-network|
|Routine and Preventive Care||Plan pays 100% for in-network for in-network||Plan pays 100% for in-network for in-network|