Resources for Plan Year 2021
During benefits Open Enrollment, it’s important to know your needs and understand the different benefits options so you can make informed choices and choose the coverage that best supports your physical and financial well-being. HR has an array of resources available to help you evaluate your needs and understand the different benefits options:
Open Enrollment Presentations - Group presentations will not be held in person across Grounds this year, but instead will be virtual via Zoom, giving you the flexibility to choose many times and days to attend. Visit the Open Enrollment Presentations 2021 webpage for details.
Benefits and Well-Being Expo - The Expo will be virtual this year, and will run for the entire Open Enrollment period, October 5 - 16. Access the Virtual Expo at your convenience to learn more from vendors and HR team members, watch informational videos, and win prizes. Live presentations on benefits and well-being topics will run the first week of Open Enrollment, but recordings will always be available. Visit the Expo 2021 webpage for more details.
Open Enrollment Overview PPT - This PowerPoint offers an overview of your UVA Health Plan changes, and resources to help you make decisions about your benefits for 2021
Open Enrollment Overview Video - This video provides a high-level summary of how benefits changes are made year to year and resources to help you select your benefits
Compare Health Plan Options - There are many ways to compare your health plan options:
- See the details of each health plan option (Basic, Value, Choice) on their respective schedule of benefits:
- Basic Health
- Value Health
- Choice Health
- Compare all 3 health plan options and learn more about your benefits:
- UVA Health Plan Options at a Glance - visually compares all 3 health plan options, their premiums, out-of-pocket limits, deductibles, coinsurance, and copays
- Medical Scenarios webpage (NEW) - compares costs for common medical procedures across the 3 health plan options
- UVA Health Plan Schedule of Benefits Comparison - table comparison of all 3 health plan options, categorized by in-network services
- Aetna website - customize potential medical scenarios based on your personal details
- Aetna Navigator: offers a Find Care & Pricing tool option. This compares costs to give you real-time, personalized estimates. Provides average in-network costs
- Aetna Digital Care Tool- provides drug cost estimates based on selected UVA Health Plan option. Use the links below to compare prices.
- Enter the name of the drug
- Click "search" to view the estimate and plan details
- When using the Digital Care Tool, review the Aetna formulary list, as your drug may be listed as the generic name within the tool. The Digital Care Tool are cost estimates and based on Aetna's 2020 formulary and pricing.
- Picwell - see details below; enter your profile information and receive recommendations
- ALEX - see details below; enter your profile information and receive recommendations
Videos- For Your Benefit, this new series offers short informative videos on important benefit topics. Click below to watch:
- Schedule of Benefits explained
- Difference between Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Difference between all three health plan options
Podcasts - Listen anytime, anywhere to short podcasts on:
- HSAs and FSAs
- Dependent Daycare FSA
- J1 Visa Health Plan
- Aetna as plan administrator for the prescription drug program and the A1A Service Model
- Health Benefit Plans and Definitions
- Links for all podcasts, and written transcripts of them, are on the right sidebar on this and all Open Enrollment pages.
Personalized Assistance - If, after reviewing materials and resources on the Open Enrollment website, you would like additional 1:1 personalized assistance, please call 434.243.3344 to schedule a 20-minute Zoom appointment with one of our HR professionals. HR is offering a limited number of benefits appointments from now until Wednesday, October 14.