Resources for Plan Year 2022
Open Enrollment for plan year 2022 is now closed. Please contact the HR Solution Center if you have questions about the Open Enrollment process.
During benefits Open Enrollment, it’s important to know your needs and understand the different benefits options so you can make informed choices and choose the coverage that best supports your physical and financial well-being. UVA HR has an array of resources available to help you evaluate your needs and understand the different benefits options:
Open Enrollment Presentations - Virtual presentations, benefits vendor webinars, and the Open Enrollment Town Hall will be held via Zoom and recorded, giving you the flexibility to attend anytime, from anywhere. Visit the Open Enrollment Presentations 2022 webpage for details. Presentations and webinars take place September 15 - October 13. The Town Hall takes place October 5, 12:00 - 1:30 pm.
- Benefits Presentation recording, September 15, 2021
- Town Hall recording, October 5, 2021
- Town Hall PPT deck
Benefits and Well-Being Expo - Unfortunately the Expo will not occur this year. Plan on attending virtual benefits presentations and webinars, and the Open Enrollment Town Hall.
Open Enrollment Overview PPT - This PowerPoint offers an overview of your UVA Health Plan changes, and resources to help you make decisions about your benefits for 2022.
Open Enrollment Overview Video - This video provides a high-level summary of how benefits changes are made year to year and resources to help you select your benefits
Compare Health Plan Options - There are many ways to compare your health plan options:
- See the details of each health plan option (Basic, Value, Choice) on their respective schedule of benefits:
- Basic Health
- Value Health
- Choice Health
- Compare all 3 health plan options and learn more about your benefits:
- UVA Health Plan Options at a Glance - visually compares all 3 health plan options, their premiums, out-of-pocket limits, deductibles, coinsurance, and copays
- Medical Scenarios webpage - compares costs for common medical procedures across the 3 health plan options
- UVA Health Plan Schedule of Benefits Comparison- table comparison of all 3 health plan options, categorized by in-network services
- Aetna website - customize potential medical scenarios based on your personal details
- Aetna Digital Care Tool- provides drug cost estimates based on selected UVA Health Plan option. Use the links below to compare prices.
- When using the Digital Care Tool, review the Aetna formulary list, as your drug may be listed as the generic name within the tool. The Digital Care Tool are cost estimates and based on Aetna's 2020 formulary and pricing.
- Picwell - see details below; enter your profile information and receive recommendations
- ALEX - see details below; enter your profile information and receive recommendations. Also view this sneak peek video of 2022 benefits.
Videos- For Your Benefit, this new series offers short informative videos on important benefit topics. Click below to watch:
- Schedule of Benefits explained
- Difference between Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Difference between all three health plan options
Podcasts - Listen anytime, anywhere to a short podcast on Retirement. Links for this podcast, and its written transcript, are on the right sidebar on this and most Open Enrollment pages.
Personalized Assistance - If, after reviewing materials and resources on the Open Enrollment website, you would like additional 1:1 personalized assistance, please call 434.243.3344 to schedule a Zoom appointment with one of our HR professionals. HR is offering a limited number of benefits appointments from now until Wednesday, October 13.