Open Enrollment is CLOSED
Open Enrollment is now closed. ENTER TO WIN! Complete the post-Open Enrollment survey and be entered in a raffle to win free tickets to UVA’s Basketball game on Tuesday, December 6th vs James Madison or UVA's football game on Saturday, November 19th vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. This is our way of thanking you for your feedback!
Open Enrollment is a time for all UVA benefits-eligible employees and team members to carefully review and elect benefits for the following plan year starting January 1, 2023. These benefits include health and dental plans, vision coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account.
Unless you experience a qualified life event like having a baby or getting married, making changes to these benefits can only be done during Open Enrollment, which this year runs October 3 through 14.
You CAN change your supplemental retirement and life insurance options during Open Enrollment, but supplemental retirement and life insurance changes can be made at any time.
On these Open Enrollment webpages, you will find ample resources and information to assist you in making the right decision, be it staying with your current plan or deciding a different one is a better fit.
UVA Health Plan
- For the 2023 plan year, there are no changes to deductibles or copays for the UVA Health Plan.
- Premiums will increase for the Basic, Value, and Choice Health plan options, and J Visa Health Plan.
- There are no changes to dental or vision coverage or premiums in 2023.
- Effective January 1, 2023, visiting faculty will be eligible for dental and vision benefits.
- Cost-sharing amounts for 30-day, 90-day and Specialty refills of prescription medications will increase for Value and Choice Health participants. There are no changes to the Prescription Drug program for Basic Health participants.
- The Benefits and Well-Being Expo is back! Plan on attending in person, or attend the benefits presentation and vendor webinars in person or virtually.
- New mini videos on this website address the health plan changes coming in 2023.
- Benefits-eligible Medical Center team members will see improved educational assistance benefits.
- Fidelity will become the new administrator in 2023 for UVA's benefit savings accounts, including the Basic Health HSA, the Full and Limited FSA, and the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account.
- HSA maximum employee contributions will increase slightly.
For details on the changes above, scroll down to the Summary section, "Changes for 2023."
There are some other changes and enhancements to be aware of, so please take time to review this webpage. If you need more details, navigate to the topic-specific webpages.
To make the Open Enrollment experience as beneficial for you as possible, you have both in-person and virtual opportunities to learn what you need to know to pre-plan your future emotional, physical, and financial well-being. Whether you want to meet in person or virtually, UVA HR is here to help.