UVA Health Plan 2021
UVA offers 3 Health Plan options: Choice, Value, and Basic Health. Knowing your needs and understanding the different health plan options will help you make informed choices during Open Enrollment. Benefits options change year to year. Ensure you're aware of the changes for this year. Some of these include:
- Premiums will increase for all three health plans, but more so for Choice Health - see below for comparison charts
- Deductibles will increase for Choice Health, decrease for Value Health, and stay the same for Basic Health
- Coinsurance will increase for Choice Health
- Copays will increase for Value Health
- Out-of-pocket for Basic Health is decreasing
- Supplemental Benefit Credit will increase from $450 to $550 for eligible Academic Staff
- Deductible for Choice and Value Health includes medical and pharmacy, except those with copayments
- Deductible will be waived for preventive medications on OptumRx Preventive Medication List.
- Bariatric procedures must be performed in a Bariatric Institute of Quality (IOQ) to ensure quality; there is no out-of-network coverage. View a list of IOQs.
- No age cap for Autism-Applied Behavior Analysis
- A new UVA J1 Visa Health Plan for employees on J1 visas
The following resources can help you determine which UVA Health Plan option is the best fit for your needs. You can find many more on our Open Enrollment Resources page.
- UVA Health Plan Cost Comparison at a Glance: A single-page resource that helps you quickly see cost differences between the UVA Health Plan options.
- Picwell: A new online, interactive personalized health plan selection tool that helps you determine which health plan is the best fit for you and your family based on your input.
- Ask ALEX: A virtual benefits counselor that can personalize recommendations for you based on information you provide about your benefits use and needs.
- Aetna's Plan Estimator and Plan Selection Tool - View instructions on how to use the tool.