EARN $2,000: Team Member Referral Incentive Program - Starts May 1, 2022:
The first 200 UVA Health team members to make a referral for someone who accepts a UVA Medical Center role, will receive a $2,000 bonus.
All UVA Health Medical Center positions are eligible for the Team Member Referral Incentive program, except for those roles that manage team members or work for UVA Human Resources, hiring managers, and those participating in the interview or selection process. Eligible positions are subject to change and will be updated periodically based on the needs of UVA Medical Center. This program begins May 1, 2022.
- Candidate must list the referring team member on their job application prior to the referral program expiration date listed on the UVA Medical Center Team Member Referral Program webpage.
- Candidate must be hired into a full-time or part-time position (not wage), unless otherwise noted on the UVA Medical Center Team Member Referral Program webpage.
- Referring team member must be active with the Medical Center and be employed at the time of incentive payout.
- An online referral form must be completed by the referring team member within five (5) days following submission of the application for employment (failure to do so may nullify the referring team members eligibility for the incentive payment).
- The online referral form will entitle the referring team member to receive a referral incentive if the candidate receives a job offer within the time period of May 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022, or once the 200 referrals are acquired, whichever is shorter.
- Incentive payment processing begins after all eligibility requirements have been verified and will be included in the referring team member’s paycheck.
- All referral incentives shall be taxed based on Internal Revenue Service requirements.
- Must not have applied to UVA Health for one (1) year prior to referral.
- Must not have been referred through an employment agency or other external source.
- Must not have worked for the Medical Center or Academic Division of UVA for two years prior to the referral.
- Medical Center Human Resources, hiring managers and those participating in the interview or selection process are not eligible for a referral incentive.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals a team member may submit.
- Eligibility is based upon the candidate being hired into the role that the team member referred them to.
Referral Incentive Program (FAQ’s)
Who is eligible to receive a referral incentive bonus?
All UVA Health Medical Center positions are eligible for the Team Member Referral Incentive program, except for those roles that manage team members or work for UVA HR, hiring managers, and those participating in the interview or selection process.
What do I need to advise my referral to ensure my name is listed as the referring team member on their application?
The referred applicant must list the name of the referring employee as the source of referral when first completing an application for employment with the Medical Center.
Are there any team members ineligible for this program?
Yes, there are a few ‘select’ group of team members who are ineligible for the incentive referral program rewards:
- UVA HR employees
- Medical Center hiring managers
- Hiring Supervisors
- Supervisors referring applicants for a position in their own department
- Team Members who represent the Medical Center at a recruitment event and are successfully recruited during that event.
How do I alert Medical Center Human Resources that I have a referral?
The online referral form on this website must be completed by the referring team member and submitted to Medical Center Humans Resources within five (5) business day following the receipt of the application for employment.Submit A Referral
I submitted my online referral and received a confirmation. What happens next?
A notification is sent to you advising receipt of the referral. If your referral is hired and you both meet the eligibility requirements for the program, then you will be notified by the HR Service Center that your bonus award is being processed.
What if I refer a candidate and they have already applied through another source (e.g. job fair)? Will I receive an award?
Candidate must not have applied to UVA Health for one (1) year prior to referral.
May I submit a resume directly to my manager for an opening within my department?
No, candidates must apply through Workday.
Is there a limit to the number of referrals I can submit?
No. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can submit or how many awards you can receive.
How long is my referral valid?
The online referral form will entitle the referring team member to receive a referral incentive if the candidate receives a job offer within the hiring window of May 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022, or until the expiration of the referral program, whichever is shorter.
If I receive an award, do I have to pay taxes on it?
Yes. All awards are subject to tax withholdings and any other applicable deductions.
Featured Clinical Careers
Ready to take the next step in your career? If you're interested in any of our clinical positions, start an application today.Apply: RN, Clinical Ladder (Inpatient Oncology) Apply: RN, Clinical Ladder (Surgical Trauma ICU) Apply: Emergency Department Technician Apply: Physical Therapist (Continuum Home Heath)
Clinical Career Opportunities With Sign-On Bonuses
Sign-on bonuses are continuous for:
- RN, Clinical Ladder (Operating Room)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Operating Room)