External Traveler Conversion to Permanent Employment
We are very pleased you are part of the UVA Health team, and hope you will consider becoming a permanent member of our healthcare community located in what has been repeatedly voted one of the best places to live in the United States.
UVA Health offers an attractive conversion package for External Travelers who accept a permanent position that is not less than .50 FTE.
UVA Health permanent team members participate in health insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and an Education Benefits program designed to encourage career development and lifelong learning.
External Traveler Conversion Program Incentives:
- Relocation Incentive: $5,000.
- Housing Stipend: $5,000. Paid out over 6 months.
- Sign-on Incentives in lump sum amounts specific to each position. Paid at time of hire and in exchange for a two-year service commitment.
- Are pro-rated for permanent part-time positions not less than .50 FTE.
Registered Nurses – additional benefits and perks
- Magnet recognized hospital
- Daisy and Bee Recognition Programs
- Clinical Career Ladder
- Dedicated Charge Nurse Positions, Career Pathway tools and Leadership Development Programs
- Shared Governance structure
- Nursing Research Program and Quality Improvement Processes
- Education assistance for eligible professional certification application
- Annual certification bonus