Being Open - Talent Management Course Bundle
Do you often keep things to yourself? Tend to hold back information or opinions? Err on the side of non-disclosure? It may not be your intention, but people around you may begin to wonder. Wonder what you’re up to, what your agenda is, whether you’re hoping to gain an advantage over them. Why aren’t you sharing more openly? It may be that you have a reserved nature or prefer privacy or that you don’t want to lose control or appear less authoritative. Regardless of the reasons, it may be time to make some adjustments. Organizations function on the flow of information. Greater transparency is expected at all levels. Find out what people want and need to know and begin to comply. Sending information on relevant topics is a start. Better still, talk or meet with people for open, two-way exchanges. Practice showing and telling it like it is.
What will this program help me do?
- Become proactive in planning difficult interactions and conversations in a way that will get you the results you really want.
- Model consistency between words and actions.
- Ensure that your relationships are based on mutual trust, credibility, and respect.
- Enable yourself and your team to work past relationship missteps.
- Emotional Intelligence: Examine the connection between how people think, feel, and behave. Explore how emotions affect job performance and review the importance of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- The Pursuit of Trust: Learn how to deliver every day on what you promise – as a manager, an employee or team member, and as an organization.
- Healthy Dialogue: Identify strategies and approaches for staying in healthy dialogue when stakes are high, emotions are volatile, and opinions are opposing.
- Managing Conflict: Diagnose conflict before it intensifies and apply the appropriate conflict resolution techniques to specific situations.
How do I enroll?
NetLearning (for Health System team members)
- Enroll Now!
- Log into NetLearning
- Click on the Learning Opportunities tab (Enroll)
- Search for "Being Open - Talent Management Course Bundle"
- Click on the Enroll button under the course with the correct date, time, and location
Workday Learning (for Academic employees)
- Enroll Now!
- Log into Workday
- Click on the Enroll and Submit buttons
- Ashley Felder
- Rose Markey