Explore the concept of accountability and what it means to hold oneself, as well as others, accountable. Examine the accountability cycle, building blocks of accountability and discuss practices that encourage and discourage accountability.
What will my team learn?
- Discuss the forces that work again accountability
- Determine what actions/behaviors increase accountability
- Construct strategies to improve accountability
What will this course help my team do?
- Talk to others about violated expectations in a way that yields two-way accountability and allows further progress to be made.
- Work on a project that analyzes performance and results and take responsibility for communicating the outcome to those involved.
- Design a set of formal and informal measures of progress for your current responsibilities. Share them with your boss. Review your progress on an ongoing basis.