Influencing People - Talent Management Course Bundle
Not sharing the big picture? When people understand the organization beyond their own role, they can better appreciate the significance of what they do. They realize the importance of their cog in the wheel. Without that broader perspective, a job is just a job. They focus on their own role but not the overall goal it contributes to. It’s the difference between “laying bricks and building a cathedral.” Clearly communicate the strategy to them. Talk in their language. Help them see where their role fits in. How does what they deliver contribute to the achievement of the overall purpose of the organization? Let them see the connections that link them to the end user. Illustrate how their achievements impact other roles.
What will this program help me do?
- Talk to others about stealth expectations in a way that yields two-way accountability and allows further progress to be made.
- Position views and arguments appropriately to win support.
- Share ideas in a compelling manner to gain commitment from others.
- Healthy Dialogue: Identify strategies and approaches for staying in healthy dialogue when stakes are high, emotions are volatile, and opinions are opposing.
- Influencer: Identify high-leverage behaviors you can focus on and effectively motivate and enable others.
- Building Accountability: Explore the concept of accountability and what it means to hold oneself, as well as others, accountable. Examine the accountability conversation and discuss practices that encourage and discourage accountability.
How do I enroll?
NetLearning (for Health System team members)
- Enroll Now!
- Log into NetLearning
- Click on the Learning Opportunities tab (Enroll)
- Search for "Influencing People - Talent Management Course Bundle"
- Click on the Enroll button under the course with the correct date, time, and location
Workday Learning (for Academic employees)
- Enroll Now!
- Log into Workday
- Click on the Enroll and Submit buttons
- Ashley Felder
- Rose Markey