Flu Shot Update for UVA Employees
Due to continued necessary COVID mitigation efforts UVA will not be holding flu clinics on Grounds again this fall.
However, UVA employees and team members have increased access to flu shots this year at CVS locations and their local in-network pharmacy locations.
Even if you have a health plan that is not UVA’s, most health plans in the U.S. are required to cover the cost of the basic flu shot at 100%. In addition:
- Faculty, staff and team members covered by the UVA Health Plan may obtain a flu shot at one of the CVS pharmacies or any pharmacy in Aetna’s National Pharmacy Network, if you present your Aetna card at the pharmacy. Included are pharmacies at Giant Eagle, Harris Teeter, Kmart, Kroger, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and Wegmans. Or, check with your Primary Care Physician. Because the vaccination is covered by our health plan, you need only show your UVA Health Plan Aetna ID card.
- UVA Health Team members have other options. Details can be found on the UVA Health intranet.
1. This is what your Aetna ID Card looks like:
2. Here is a list of vaccine providers in the Aetna network.
3. For easy flu shot scheduling at a CVS clinic, visit CVS.com/Flu or scan the QR code.
If you went to a participating pharmacy and were charged for your flu vaccine, you can submit a reimbursement to Aetna. Complete steps 1-25 in the reimbursement form, and attach your receipt and other supporting documentation.
We encourage all employees and team members to get vaccinated to help you stay healthy this flu season.
Flu shot information will be updated on this site regularly, so please check back.