New Hires Win with Recent Improvements to Grounds for Success
The UVA HR Orientation Team is excited to announce a “new and improved” Grounds for Success (“GFS”) academic orientation program.
These changes reflect what employees and managers have said would be most valuable and helpful for new hires to experience in an orientation session. The Orientation Team solicited feedback, analyzed post-orientation surveys, and hosted four focus groups with managers, HRBPs, and staff representing a broad array of departments across the UVA Academic Division.
Through presentations and engaging activities, Grounds for Success orientation attendees will learn about:
- UVA’s leadership, structure, mission, and Strategic Plan
- UVA culture, the employee experience, and the student experience
- Technology and Workday basics
- Employee Perks and Resources
- Next steps, including ID Badges, Parking and Transportation and Required Trainings
- Benefit and Retirement plan options
Employees will receive:
- An orientation guide, which includes an Employee Checklist and links to resources, additional training, and more
- A benefits and retirement packet
- Coupons for free lunch, tickets to an Athletics event, trial membership at IM-Rec, and a discount to the bookstore
On select dates, we will now offer two optional and complimentary activities in the afternoon:
- A lunch at Newcomb Hall dining facility
- A guided historic walking tour
Please see the “Optional Activities” section of our website for details on the dates optional activities will be offered, and logistics regarding time, parking, and more.
Grounds for Success has been shaped to assure each new hire of their value in the organization; introduce him or her to UVA’s culture of integrity, mutual respect, excellence, and innovation; foster lifelong learning; and promote a strong partnership with the Charlottesville area.
The Orientation Team encourages all new hires to attend a Grounds for Success orientation session, and also welcomes all other employees to experience a session, whether you’ve been here for two months or twenty years!