Complete Your Open Enrollment Event in Workday by 10/16/20
Benefits Open Enrollment Ends Today, October 16
Complete Your 2021 UVA benefits now!
Choosing benefits is a major investment in your physical and financial well-being. Please take this opportunity to review your benefits and make any changes. Remember, your current 2020 elections for health, dental, and vision will continue forward for next year if you do nothing. However, your FSA and HSA elections will NOT carry over to 2021 unless you actively elect them before midnight TODAY, October 16. We are here to help you if you need assistance.
Your Action Items
Complete these action items by end of day TODAY
Watch the Open Enrollment presentation HERE.
Attend the Virtual Benefits and Well-Being Expo
- Register on the Virtual Expo platform.
- Review the recorded Expo presentations on the Expo Presentation webpage.
- For additional information, contact vendors through their virtual Expo booth, or email UVA HR benefits counselors at AskHR@virginia.edu.
Review Resources on the Open Enrollment Website
- All changes, action items, Workday instructions, and FAQs are listed on the Open Enrollment 2021 Home webpage.
- Premiums and health plan option details are on the Health Plan 2021 webpage.
- Comparison of common medical scenarios and their costs are on the new Medical Scenarios webpage.
- Understand the changes to the pharmacy program and what that means for you on the Prescription Drug Program 2021 webpage.
- All resources are on the Resources 2021 webpage.
Elect Your Benefits in Workday
- Review the Workday Open Enrollment Job Aid for instructions.
- Your benefits elections include:
- Health Plan Options: Basic Health, Value Health, Choice Health, J1 Visa Health (for J1 visa holders only)
- Dental Plan Options: Basic Dental, Enhanced Dental (depending on your employee type)
- Vision Plan Options: Davis Vision (optional)
- HSA/FSA: Your 2020 elections for FSA and/or HSA will NOT automatically carry over to 2021. Visit the Health Savings Account 2021 and Flexible Spending Account 2021 webpages for more information.
- Life Insurance: For ORP and MCRP participants enrolled with The Standard, you have the opportunity only during Open Enrollment to apply for additional Life and AD&D insurance up to the Guarantee Issue Amount without providing medical evidence of insurability. Visit the Life Insurance 2021 webpage to learn more.
- Print your Open Enrollment Elections or Save as a PDF after you press the SUBMIT button.
Manage Your Account in Workday
- Add or drop dependents. See this Job Aid for instructions.
- Add or change beneficiaries. See this Job Aid for instructions.
- Confirm social security numbers for your dependents are correct.
- If you moved from one health plan option to another for 2021, don’t forget to add your dependents to your new health plan option.
- Confirm your home address and phone number.
- Check your Workday Inbox for additional items to complete after you submit your Open Enrollment elections.
We Hear You. How Can We Help?
After reviewing materials and resources on the Open Enrollment website, if you would like additional 1:1 personalized assistance, there are several options to receive support:
- Email AskHR@virginia.edu or click on the “Chat with an Expert” button at the bottom of every Open Enrollment webpage (during regular work hours) for a more immediate response to your questions
We are here to help you!
Stay in Touch on Social Media
Follow our social media channels for up-to-date information on Open Enrollment: