The UVA Human Resources Organization
The people of UVA Human Resources are proud to be a part of the University of Virginia, and are dedicated to serving the needs of faculty, staff and team members. Our goals include staying mission driven in what and how we deliver, providing innovative solutions to a range of challenges, and constantly striving to deliver an exceptional employee experience. Below is information about the HR organization - who we are, how we are structured, and how we serve our UVA community.
UVA HR Purpose
Ensure people, teams, and organizations can do their best work every day
UVA HR Vision
Be an inspiration to all in the UVA community of what a collection of people are capable of
UVA HR Pillars
How we deliver on our purpose and vision is by:
- Being Mission Driven
- Staying People Focused
- Having a Strategic Approach
- Developing Leading Expertise
- Delivering Exceptional Execution
- Offering Innovative Practices
UVA HR supports the University of Virginia's mission by:
- Ensuring the right people with the right skills at the right time are available to meet the University’s strategic goals and operational plans
- Creating innovative ways to engage all employees
- Establishing the culture, systems and training that will develop leaders and empower employees to solve problems
- Creating integrated talent acquisition plans in partnership with leaders of the Academic Division, Medical Center and UVA Physicians Group, and College at Wise.
- Ensuring that human resources technologies, processes, procedures, and policies are aligned and consistent across the entire UVA enterprise.