Other Life Changes
In addition to marriage, divorce, adding or removing a dependent, preparing for retirement, and experiencing death in your family, there are a few other qualified life events that give you the opportunity to make changes to your benefits package. These include:
- Employment status changes of employee, dependent, or spouse which affects enrollment in the employer's health plan due to eligibility;
- Commencement of or returning from an unpaid leave of absence that results in a loss or gain of coverage;
- Judgment, decree, or order changing legal custody;
- Cost and/or coverage changes in employee’s, dependent’s, or spouse’s health plan;
- Enrollment in an insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace, also known as the health insurance “exchange”;
- Entitlement to or loss of eligibility for Government-sponsored programs.