UVA is committed to building positive relationships, providing a quality work balance through fair treatment of employees, and resolving employee matters and concerns in a fair and consistent manner.
- UVA HR Employee Relations works with various stakeholders (FEAP, EOCR, General Counsel, UPD, etc.) across Grounds in an effort to create and maintain a fair and equitable work environment.
- Faculty, staff and management in the Academic Division and Health System may contact us for guidance and direction on a variety of Employee Relations issues
.These include Human Resources policy interpretation, disciplinary performance management, HR investigations, employee discipline and misconduct, and remediation of employment-related disputes.
Employee Relations Supports You
UVA HR Employee Relations provides our faculty, staff and team members with tools and resources to ensure an equitable, fair, and positive work environment.
Every member of the UVA Community should embrace the values of respect. Understand the UVA policy, get training, file a complaint.
Resources to help Managers maintain a fair and equitable work environment.
Resources to assist employees in performing their jobs successfully while maintaining an equable work environment.
Employee Relations Workshops
Interactive workshop-style training classes on key Employee Relations topics
Key University Policies
- University Policy Directory
- Standards of Conduct
- University Code of Ethics
- Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence
- Preventing and Addressing Discrimination and Harassment
- Preventing and Addressing Retaliation
- Preventing and Addressing Threats or Acts of Violence
- Grievance Procedure
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Work Breaks Policy
- Requesting ADA Accommodations
- Leave Policies and Procedures