Grounds For Success: Academic Employee Orientation
Welcome to the University of Virginia!
Please read your welcome letter from Kelley Stuck, Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer.
As a new academic employee, you will attend an exciting and comprehensive in-person orientation experience. The Grounds for Success program includes information on:
- UVA’s leadership, structure, mission, and Strategic Plan
- UVA culture; the employee experience and the student experience
- Technology and Workday basics
- Employee perks and resources
- Next steps, including ID badges, parking and transportation and required trainings
- Benefit and retirement plan options
As a participant, you will take home an orientation guide, an employee checklist, and other resources, which will further assist you in getting started in your new position.
If you are attending GFS orientation on or before your third day of work, please bring identification documents to complete Part 2 of your I-9. Specialists will be available to process I-9 forms from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.