Welcome to the UVA Employee Well-Being Program! The University of Virginia cares about your good health. When you’re healthy, you have the energy and focus to do your best work and live your best life. We encourage you to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle to meet your personal well-being goals. Hoos Well provides programs and resources to help you be your best self, and our comprehensive well-being program offers something for everyone.
To foster a culture of well-being among University of Virginia faculty, staff, and team members by promoting and encouraging healthy lifestyle choices, engendering a happier, healthier, and more positive work environment.
To be recognized as the national leader of university health and well-being programs, enhancing the quality of life of our university employees.
- Align administration, programming and operational strategies with the latest research and industry best practices.
- Influence organizational culture to encourage positive health behavior and self-care through social, environmental and operational supports.
- Provide an expansive portfolio of resources and programs that enables employees and their spouses to choose meaningful and relevant activities.
- Strategically partner with organizational stakeholders to strengthen impact and collaboratively influence a culture of well-being.
- Continuously improve programs, operational practices and strategies through ongoing evaluation and research activities.