Talk to a Doctor Online in Minutes - Introducing Teladoc
A new service is available to UVA Health Plan and UVA J1 Visa Health Plan members. Teladoc offers you quick access to primary care physicians who can diagnose your health care concerns over the phone.
- Teladoc provides 24/7 access to convenient, confidential and affordable healthcare.
- You can speak with a licensed doctor about non-emergency health issues anywhere you are - at home, at work, or on vacation.
- Talk to a board-certified doctor in minutes whenever you need care.
- Teladoc doctors can diagnose and treat cold and flu symptoms, allergies, upper respiratory infections, skin problems, and more.
- Teladoc doctors can send a prescription to your local pharmacy, when medically necessary.
- You can connect with an experienced doctor by phone, web, or mobile app.
Teladoc doctors are primary care physicians who are available 24/7 by phone, video, and app to answer your questions about COVID-19, evaluate your risk, and provide support by phone or video to help relieve symptoms, both physical and mental. They can also diagnose and treat routine medical illnesses such as cold, flu, bronchitis, sinusitis, sore throat, infection, rash, pink eyes, upper respiratory illness, strains, and sprains. Teladoc physicians can diagnose and prescribe medication, if necessary.
Who Can Use Teladoc?
Teladoc provides 24/7 access to licensed primary care physicians via phone, video or the Teladoc mobile app.
- UVA is offering this service for COVID-19-related questions, testing, and any other general medical services to:
- UVA Health Plan participants
- UVA J1 Visa Health Plan participants
- Students should seek services through UVA Student Health
How Do I Get Started?
UVA Health Plan and UVA J1 Visa Health Plan Participants:
- Go to https://member.teladoc.com/aetna. Follow the Step-by-step instructions here.
- Set up your account following the instructions. (You will need your Aetna member ID # to complete this section.)
- Some member account information is automatically pulled into the application based on Aetna eligibility.
- Complete the remaining fields and click "Complete Registration" to create your Teladoc account.
- Your account has been successfully created. Your Teladoc account is ready to use when you need care.
- You can add dependents if they are enrolled on your UVA Health Plan or UVA J1 Visa Health Plan:
- Click on "Add Family Members" and follow the instructions.
- Remember to use first and last names of dependents.
- Each dependent member has an identifier number located before their name on your ID card. This number will follow the Aetna ID number. ex: 01, 02, 04
- To complete a brief medical history, click on "Complete Medical History" and follow the instructions.
- Click on "Request a Visit" when you are ready to request services.
- You may optionally provide a reason for the visit.
- You may choose to have a visit "as soon as possible" or schedule an appointment. Due to heavy call volume, Aetna is suggesting you schedule a specific time for an appointment instead of requesting a callback from the next available physician.
You can also access Teladoc on your mobile device by downloading the Teladoc app.