UPG Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is now closed. However, you may refer to the below information regarding the plan year July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024.
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to make elections for the upcoming plan year of July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024.
This is your annual opportunity to add or drop a plan, change plan level (for dental), and make changes to your covered dependents without having a qualifying life event. For those employees with life insurance through Guardian, Open Enrollment provides an opportunity, with limits, to initiate or increase your coverage, without needing to submit Evidence of Insurability. You can also re-enroll in or start a flexible spending account during this time.
What is staying the same?
The medical insurance plan remains with Anthem. There will be some valuable plan enhancements, highlighted below. Due to utilization trends, there will be a rate increase.
Guardian remains the vendor for Dental and Vision coverage and the rates remain unchanged
Flexible Spending Options through McGriff Insurance remain the same. There is an increase in the maximum allowed for the medical FSA.
What is changing?
Health insurance rates are increasing by 11%. You'll find the rate sheet below.
We’ve added Anthem’s Gene Therapy solution coverage for four high-cost gene therapy medications.
There are several Anthem Plan Enhancements of note:
- Expansion of the PreventiveRx – additional medications, including certain cardiovascular and mental health medications. The new flyer is linked below under Anthem Resources.
- Rehabilitative Services will now include coverage for physical medicine and rehab services rendered by VA licensed Athletic Trainers, with certain restrictions
- Virtual mental health and substance abuse visits with a LifeHealthOnline provider will now have zero co-pay.
- Expansion of the Specialty Condition management program
- Expansion of covered durable medical garments
- Anyone who uses a BlueCard PPO provider – when out of network – will receive the tier 2 in-network benefit.
- Building Healthy Families program replaces Future Moms program
As a plan administration enhancement, and to align with UVA, UPG will, starting July 1, 2023, allow 60 days to request an applicable change to benefits due to a qualifying life event.
As a reminder, last year we eliminated the part-time rate differential. All benefit eligible employees pay the same rate for health insurance coverage.