Before initiating a reimbursement request, familiarize yourself with our Moving and Relocation Policy, and prepare yourself to confirm that the Employee Overview/Allowable Expenses include reimbursable expenses by category (e.g., A – G categories correspond to the reimbursement categories in the Moving and Relocation Expense Workbook).
You must also discuss whether the employee’s move will be a self-move or via common carrier. Direct questions to Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services, use Buyer Assist, or initiate a requisition to begin the procurement process. Finally, create a purchase order (requisition) in the Marketplace if a non-contract vendor is selected. Procurement Services takes over from there.
Reimbursement Request Workbook
The workbook is five pages plus instructions. Use the + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to zoom and enlarge the print. After you have read the instructions on the first worksheet, begin to complete the workbook. Please note that you cannot type outside of manual-entry fields and that the orange fields auto-calculate. Name workbook using the employee’s Last Name, First Name, and request number (e.g. “Doe, John Moving-and-Relocation-Expense-Workbook 01” OR ”Doe, Jane Moving-and-Relocation-Expense-Workbook 02”). Hard Copy packets are no longer required.
- Name workbook using the employee’s Last Name, First Name, and request number (e.g. “Doe, John Moving-and-Relocation-Expense-Workbook 01” OR ”Doe, Jane Moving-and-Relocation-Expense-Workbook 02”)
- Upload and send documents as appropriately named attachments following these steps:
- Obtain appropriate signatures (chair or department head and employee) on the Reimbursement Certification sheet (Certification of Moving Expenses)
- Gather all original receipts that are able to be scanned
- Acquire a signed, digital copy of the fully-executed Moving Agreement
Send workbook and supporting documents by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to provide receipts and other documentation digitally, send the Reimbursement Certification sheet (Certification of Moving Expenses) with appropriate signatures, original receipts, and the fully-executed Moving Agreement via messenger to:
Moving and Relocation
University Human Resources
P.O. Box 400127