UVA Health Patient and Visitor Entrances
Dear UVA Employees,
We have no greater duty than to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and each other, especially in these unprecedented circumstances. Thank you, in advance, for your support as we put additional precautions in place at all UVA Health locations.
Beginning today, March 15, UVA Health will limit access to patient and visitor entrances so that we may quickly and efficiently screen all patients and visitors for symptoms of, and potential exposure to, COVID-19.
- University Hospital
- 5 a.m.-7 p.m. – Main lobby entrance open, with entrance screening in place.
- 7 p.m.-5 a.m. – Enter through E.D./UHE South entrance, with entrance screening in place.
- Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center (ECCCC)/Education Resource Center (ERC) including UVA Pharmacy and UVA Radiology ERC Main Entrance
- Open during normal operating hours, with entrance screening in place.
- After ECCCC normal operating hours – Use ground level Lee St. Garage Lobby entrance (L Level) for access to 24-hour pharmacy.
- Pharmacy will do entrance screening after hours.
- Battle Building
- Battle Building Main Entrance and 3rd floor entrance in 11th St garage will be open during normal operating hours, with entrance screening in place.
- Emergency Department (ED)/ South University Hospital Expansion (UHE) Tower Main Entrance Main ED Entrance
- Open, with entrance screening in place.
- West Complex
- Open, with entrance screening in place during standard hours of operation.
- Corner Entrance (near Eye Clinic)
- No access for team members, patients or visitors
- Patients and visitors directed to West Complex parking and entrance.
- Team members directed to Hospital Drive entrances or West Complex entrance.
- All other “on grounds” entrances
- “Badge only” and closed to patients and visitors.
- “Off grounds” locations
- Our “off grounds” locations will streamline patient/visitor entrances for screening and will make local decisions about this process.
- Visitors with symptoms or exposure risk will not be allowed entry at any location.
Chris A. Ghaemmaghami, MD, Interim Chief Executive Officer
UVA Medical Center