UVA Health Week and National Nurses Week! May 6-12
CELEBRATING UVA HEALTH WEEK!
Together, we will celebrate our team members with multiple events throughout the week.
- Sunday, May 8 | Medical Center Weekend Meals (University Hospital Cafeteria) – 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, 6:00 - 8 pm, 11:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Monday, May 9 | Fontaine – 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 10 | TCH/Northridge – 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 11 | Medical Center* – 11:00 am-2:00 pm, 6:00-8:00 pm and 11:00 pm-1:00 am**
MR5 Lawn Area (across from Medical Center Loading Dock
*Uteam to go (pre-boxed meals) will be provided for departments unable to attend. Managers must order in advance, and arrange for pick up.
**Night shift meals will be provided in University Hospital Cafeteria
- Thursday, May 12 | North Fork -- 11:00 am-2:00 pm. Catered meals (no tent).
- Week of May 9 | Offsite UVA Health Offices – UVA HR’s Rewards and Recognition team will help managers coordinate catered meals for off-site team members.
CELEBRATING NATIONAL NURSES WEEK!
Nurses Week is an important opportunity for communities to recognize the contributions that nurses make in a variety of roles and both healthcare and non-healthcare settings.
The idea of Nurses Week began in the early 1950s but wasn’t formally celebrated until the mid-1970s. The American Nurses Association designated May 6-12 to be National Nurses Week in the 1990s, highlighting Florence Nightingale’s birthday of May 12, 1820. Florence is often referred to as the founder of modern nursing, laying the foundation of professional nursing using statistics and writing to share her work, outcomes and new knowledge. Her birthday is also commemorated as International Nurses Day.
See what’s happening by clicking on the UVA Health website “Calendar of Events” to download (UVA Health access only).
Spirit Week 2022 - UVA Health
Celebrate, have some fun and win a prize for you and your UVA Health team by participating in Spirit Week 2022!
Funky Tie Dye Friday (5/6) | Socks, headbands, scrubs – be creative!
Spirited Team Saturday (5/7) | Our teams are the best! Coordinate and submit your photos!
Superhero Sunday (5/8) | Dress like your favorite superhero!
Mismatch Monday (5/9) | Bright colors, patterns, socks – you decide!
Totally 80’s Tuesday (5/10) | Neon and bright colors, big hair, leg warmers, are “totally rad”!
Wahoo Wednesday (5/11) | Orange & Blue - Go Cavaliers!
Throwback Thursday (5/12) | Nursing caps, Florence Nightingale, white shoes or uniforms