UVA Weather Update: Operations Status
View the current UVA Operations Status Weather Report from the Office of Safety and Emergency Preparedness for current status of operations at UVA.
The University has created an “emergency event status” designation for employees to clarify who should come to work and who should stay home. Specifically, in 2010 we moved from “essential/non-essential” to “designated/non-designated” for both the Health System and the Academic Division. The designation helps us respond more effectively during inclement weather and other emergencies, and helps employees and team members better understand what is expected of them in emergency situations.
Your emergency event status designation status is visible in Workday:
- Navigate to Workday > Personal Information > View "About Me"
- In the Job Details area on the right side of the page, click on your job position
- In the Additional Information on the right side of the page, your Job Classification will show your emergency event status (designated or non-designated)
- Managers can change designations in Workday by doing a "Change Job" and editing the details tab, or asking an HRMS specialist to do it
- Medical Center employees can refer to Policy 510 regarding their designation.
For more information about event status designation, visit:--> Visit the UVA Operations Status Board