Workday Launch Results
Workday Launch Update: A SUCCESS!
January 7th saw the successful rollout of Workday across the University. Here are some highlights from Week One:
- We completed payroll for bi-weekly staff and team members at the Medical Center, UPG, and the Academic Division, and are prepared for the February 1st monthly payroll.
- More than 30,000 faculty, staff, and team members across the UVA community can now manage their information through Workday, and over 50% of you have already logged in.
- Most activity in Workday is related to viewing payslips, requesting absences, submitting time, and updating personal information. Additionally, student hiring is well underway and recruiting activities are being successfully managed.
- Quick response to issues: Of the 6,500+ questions and requests submitted via phone, email, or chat since January 7th (2,100 specific to Workday), our Command Center has responded efficiently, and over 94% have been resolved as of January 14th.
“Xavier was professional, kind, and very knowledgeable …. I'm happy to say the issue is resolved and my data is now updated and accurate. Thank you!”
— Melissa S., HR Solution Center Caller
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We are posting a Daily Workday Update with Issues and Resolutions on the Workday Central page. Check back regularly for the latest information.
Approximately half of the Workday questions received involve navigation and general help with Workday. The Workday Training website has materials like Job Aids, videos, and eLearning that can help with these types of questions.
“The job aids and eLearning modules are so helpful – thank you for putting these together!”
— Advancement Open Lab Participant
KEY INFORMATION AND UPDATES
As you begin navigating through the new system, follow the Go-Live Checklist to get started. Below are some key things to keep in mind:
- Time and Absence:
- As the Academic Division prepares for the end of the current bi-weekly time period on 1/20/19, staff and managers should review time and absence training materials if they need assistance.
- Medical Center will continue to use Kronos for time and leave management.
- Bi-weekly payslips for the Medical Center & UPG were processed January 4th, and the Academic Division and College at Wise were processed on the 11th. As this is your first payslip in Workday and the first paycheck of the new year, it may look different.
- Historical payslips and W-2 forms will continue to be available in legacy systems.
- Profile & Personal Information:
- Service Dates: The Overview tab of your Worker Profile now includes a consolidated view of your Service Dates. Use the Service Date Job Aid for additional guidance.
- Employee IDs: Note that your Employee ID is now only visible to you, your manager, and HR. It can be found in the Employee Profile Summary tab.
- Workday Inbox Outlook Emails:
- Workday is configured to send email reminders to your Outlook Inbox for all Action Items in your Workday Inbox, as well as other notifications, such as Time Entry deadlines and Learning updates (for the Academic Division). These reminders can be helpful. However, if you prefer not to receive these Outlook emails, you can choose to turn them off. Click on your Profile Picture > My Account > Change Preferences > Background Notification Preferences. Review the Outlook Notifications Job Aid for more info.
- Remember, if you turn off your Outlook emails, you should log in to Workday daily to address new Action Items.
- Find Job Aids and videos on the Workday Training website.
- Attend an Open Lab
- Contact the HR Solution Center:
- WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
“The HR Solution Center answered my question on the same day, which is impressive based upon HR’s workload right now. Thank you!”
— Karen M, HR Solution Center emailer
“The woman I spoke with was absolutely delightful and helpful. Made my day a little bit brighter.”
— Whitney K, HR Solution Center caller
“Workday is easy to navigate.”
“I like having Workday access from my mobile device.”
“I’m a dual employee (Academic and Medical Center) and love having all access in one place.”
— Open Lab participants