HR Communications uses an approach that allows faculty, staff, and team members to easily recognize and relate to important HR messages:
- Communications strategy and support for all HR functions
- Easy-to-navigate, high-functioning, and accessible HR Website
- Tailored key messages and coordinated HR communications
- Metrics for ensuring the communication has been effective that informs both our message and our approach
Communications Service Offerings:
Functional HR Communications Support
The HR Communications team develops and supports all functional HR areas. Working collaboratively with UVA communication resources across Grounds, functional HR Communications support ensures consistent and effective delivery of key internal HR messaging.
Our tailored key messages promote buy-in, build engagement, and increase adoption of HR programs. HR communications are coordinated with other University communications to increase message unity.
HR Communications helps customers by delivering best practice communication guidance and support, providing multiple ways for faculty, staff, and team members to receive communication (website, newsletter, social media, etc.), and coordinating communication activities across HR and the University.
The Outcomes for Our Customers
- Highly coordinated HR communications that create a better understanding of HR programs
- Partnership with UVA communication resources across Grounds for aligned messages and reduced redundancy of communications
- New communication channels for multiple ways to receive information
- Increased customer engagement across the University
Consistent & Recognizable Communications Approach
We create a strategic, consistent, and recognizable approach to HR communications to enhance the recognition of key HR messages and corresponding actions needed. Messages are designed to resonate with our customers and build a sense of camaraderie. Our approach enables faculty, staff, and team members to feel more connected to the organization.
We leverage the strength of the UVA brand to support the recruitment of top talent, enhance engagement, and foster affiliation. The competition for top talent in healthcare and higher education is palpable. Creating an attractive and promising employment experience for UVA improves the reach of Talent Recruitment so we can continue attracting and retaining the best of the best to our University.
HR Communications helps customers by supporting communications requirements with strategy, tools, and processes for all HR needs and serving as the liaison between University Communications and UVA Health System Marketing and Communications. We also ensure a clear and continuous look, feel, and voice for HR communications.
The Outcomes for Our Customers
- A consistent and recognizable HR voice and experience throughout the University
- HR communications that align with the excellent reputation of UVA
- Better recruitment and retention ability
- A digital presence, including employment websites to engage with job seekers
- Enhanced ability to recruit and retain top talent that fits within the UVA culture
Communications Team Members
Karen Barnes – Director of HR Communications
Cynthia Douglass – HR Writer & Communications Specialist, Service COE
Emily Eller – HR Communications Specialist, Talent COE
Susannah Fuller – HR Communications Specialist, IMPACT COE