Flexible Spending Accounts
COVID-19 CARES Act Communication:
- Chard Snyder Access from Foreign Countries. Due to increased security concerns and for the safety of the consumer accounts. Chard Snyder does not allow consumer portal access or mobile app access from foreign countries.
- Learn how the Federal CARES Act Impacts Your Health FSA/HSA. Read the message from Chard Snyder.
- COVID-19 related information for Dependent Care Accounts DCA FSA. Read DCA FSA Life Changes COVID-19.
To help UVA employees maximize their money for medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, and dependent-care expenses, the University has two options: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Dependent Daycare Reimbursement Accounts.
- The Health Care FSA can be used to pay medical, pharmacy, dental and vision expenses
- The Dependent Care Account FSA can be used to pay dependent care expenses
FSAs make it possible for you to pay for certain expenses on a pre-tax basis.
All Health Plan participants may have some form of an FSA, but Basic Health participants may only have a Limited FSA for eligible dental and vision expenses.
UVA FSAs, including Dependent Daycare Reimbursement Accounts, are managed by Chard Snyder. Any reimbursements you receive from Chard Snyder must be deposited directly into your personal checking or savings account.