Supplemental Benefit Credit
Benefits deductions (i.e. UVA Health Plan, retirement) have a big impact on our pay. To offset some of these deductions, UVA provides a $550 annual supplemental benefit credit for eligible University Staff.
Who receives benefit deductions?
- University Staff who are full- or part-time, benefits-eligible, with an annualized salary of $42,000 or less a year (eligibility liable to change if your salary and/or working hours change mid-year)
- The number of months you work per year and the frequency of your pay affect how much money you receive in a specific paycheck
- Ex. If you qualify and are part-time (less than 30 hours per week), you are eligible for 50% of the credit
- Only University Staff are eligible for this program
How do you receive benefit deductions?
- The credit is immediately applied to your benefit deductions and appears on your payslip
- You can only apply the credit toward the amount needed for benefit deductions in any given pay period
- If benefit deductions do not exceed the supplemental benefit credit in any given pay period, the extra supplemental benefit credit funds cannot be received as income