Meet Your Personalized Goals with Live Health Coaching
Hoos Well is excited to offer participants of the UVA and UPG Health Plans unlimited access to certified Health Coaches through Virgin Pulse. These one-on-one conversations will help you understand the results of your health assessment and establish personalized well-being goals.
Your Health Coach will work with you to formulate a strategy to achieve improved well-being. With a variety of specialties, certifications and licenses, and with extensive experience across diverse domains, Health Coaches can assist in addressing many topics, including:
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic pain
- Digestive health
- Insomnia and sleep conditions
- Lung health
- Medicine support
- Substance support
- Getting active
- Eating healthily
- Reducing stress
- Managing weight
- Quitting and staying tobacco-free
- Sleeping well
- Managing finances
Research indicates participating in health coaching is associated with reduced stress and improvement in mental health, metabolic health, physical activity levels, and weight loss efforts. Amongst healthcare workers, participation in health coaching resulted in significant improvements in physical and mental health*.
To get started:
- Make sure you have completed your Health Assessment in the Hoos Well portal
- Access Health Coaching in the Hoos Well Portal
If you have questions, please contact:
Virgin Pulse Member Services
833.724.8638 Mon-Fri 8a-9p ET
Portal Live Chat Mon-Fri 2a-9p ET
- Butterworth, S., Linden, A., McClay, W., & Leo, M. C. (2006). Effect of motivational interviewing-based health coaching on employees' physical and mental healthstatus. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 11 (4), 358–365.
- Purcell, N., Zamora, K., & Bertenthal, D. (2021). How VA whole health coaching can impact veterans’ health and quality of life: a mixed-methods pilot program evaluation. Global Advances in Health and Medicine, 10, 1-13.
- Lin, C., Huang, L., Chang, Y., Chen, R., & Yang, S. (2021). Effectiveness of health coaching diabetes control and lifestyle improvement: a randomized controlled trial. Nutrients, 13 (11), 3878.
- Kang, E., Park, S.M., Lee, K., Lee, E.B., Yim, J., Lee, J., Kim, S., Rhee, Y.E., & Yun, Y.H. (2021). Efficacy of health coaching and an electronic health management program: randomized control trial. Journal of Geriatric Medicine, 36, 2692-2699.
- Johnson, K.E., Alencar, M.K., Miller, B., Gutierrez, E., & Dionicio, P. (2020). Exploring sex differences in the effectiveness of telehealth-based health coaching in weight management in an employee population. American Journal of Health Promotion, 35 (2), 262-265.