UVA Health Performance Management
Performance Management Process
Goal Setting begins October 14 and continues through December 13, 2019
Goal setting is the foundation of our performance management program and is the time that all team members identify what they want to accomplish professionally and personally and establish measurable goals and timeframes in which they have to achieve their goals.
- Goal Setting Phase: October 14, 2019 - December 13, 2019*
- Appraisal Phase: June 01, 2020 - August 31, 2020
*Goal setting for additional jobs will extend into January 2020.
Resources to Support Managers and Team Members
Use these resources throughout the goal setting phase:
- Job Aid: Goal Setting for Managers
- Video: Creating and Cascading a Goal to Team Members
- Job Aid: Goal Setting for Team Members
- Video: Creating a Professional Development Goal as a Team Member
- Example Goals
These tools will help answer questions you may have such as:
- How do I write an effective goal? What is a SMART goal?
- How do I enter my goals in WD?
- I wrote my goals already. Why aren’t they in my template?
- Where can I find my manager’s cascaded goals?
- How do I edit a goal?
- I can’t find my goals in the performance tab. Now what?
- How do I archive my previous year's goals?