Benefits-eligible employees with UVA, UVA Health, and UPG receive up to 15 back-up care days/year at UVA’s discounted rate. To access Bright Horizons Back-up Care Services, here’s what you need to do:
- Employees already enrolled can log in here.
- UVA Academic employees: If you are not already registered:
- UVA Medical Center employees: If you are not already registered:
- UPG employees: If you are not already registered:
- Enter your credit card for payment (While this is required, please note that money is never exchanged at the time of care).
Log into your account at backup.brighthorizons.com to make your reservation (schedule care up to 30 days in advance).
You will need to enter:
- Names and ages of individuals needing care
- Dates and times care is needed
- Type of care preferred (childcare center or home care provider)
- Location of care (close to home, close to work or at an adult family member's home)
- Any other special needs or requests
Bright Horizons will identify the most appropriate provider within their network for your specific needs. They begin by reviewing care options from a database of carefully selected and contracted childcare centers and home care agencies. You will receive periodic updates throughout the scheduling process in your Bright Horizons portal. The specialist will then schedule the specific care that you need.
Please note: After the 15 days/year at UVA's discounted rate, employees can still use the program, but will pay the rate of $125 per day for center-based care and $280 per day for in-home care.