Medical Center Employee Relations
Guided by the University of Virginia Medical Center’s policies, mission and values, the Employee Relations department serves as a strategic partner in helping to create and maintain a fair, respectful, and positive working environment. Our goal is to help promote harmonious work relationships, increase employee engagement and satisfaction, and maintain an effective workforce.
Employee Relations Consulting Services
Employee Relations provides consulting services, information, advice and resources to Medical Center team members and managers on the full range of human resources issues to include:
- Interpreting Human Resources and Medical Center policies and procedures
- Advising on Progressive Discipline and/or Employment Separations
- Conflict Resolution tools and Mediation
- Advising on the development of Team Member Performance Improvement Plans (TPIPs)
- Coaching on having crucial conversations
- Leaves of Absence and associated benefits, such as Family/Medical Leave, Short-term Disability Programs, and Accommodation of Disabilities
- Grievance Process
- Planning staffing strategies and consulting on Reductions-in-Force (RIF)
- Conducting workplace investigations
The Employee Relations Team is ready to help
A Medical Center Employee Relations Consultant can advise, provide information, and make referrals to valuable resources. Situations may arise in which you would like confidential advice or to talk out situations over the phone or in person. We welcome the opportunity to help you find answers and work toward solutions. Call us when you have questions or need advice.
Consultants are available to answer questions or refer you to a helpful resource. Employee relations services can be obtained by contacting the HR Consultant for your area, or through the HR Customer Service Center at 243-3344 or email to AskHR@virginia.edu.